PDC Laboratories, Inc. Field Sampling Technician - Peoria, IL
Field Sampling Technician
Position type: Full Time
Job Summary (Full-Time Position)
PDC Laboratories, Inc., part of a leading family held waste service organization that has been in business since 1928, is seeking the right individual to be part of our team as a Field Sampling Technician. This opportunity is located in our Peoria, Illinois laboratory. Now is a great time to join our team!
Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Collection and delivery of samples (groundwater, wastewater, solid waste, soil, drinking water, etc.) from our clients to the laboratory.
- Collection of samples can be repetitive, unpredictable, and subject to physical variables such as weather, ground conditions, sloping surfaces, etc.
- Collection of samples will involve standing, squatting, flexion, and extension.
- Required to work in an outdoor environment year round, drive a heavy-duty pickup truck while towing a trailer, and have overnight stays away from home.
- Potential to be exposed to various plants, insects, and other allergens.
- Loading coolers & supplies into the sampling truck and unloading full coolers (up to 60 pounds and occasionally more) to the laboratory.
- Overtime will be required during periods of high workload.
- Ability to understand and follow sampling and analysis plans at remote field locations
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment both independently and as a member of a team
- Detail oriented
- Strong Work Ethic
- The ability to handle multiple tasks under time constraints
- Able to follow both oral and written instructions
- Good organizations, documentation and record-keeping skills
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Geology/Hydrogeology, Engineering, Chemistry, Biology, or related discipline
- Valid driver’s license and a safe driving record
- Ability to work in both hot/cold outdoor environments
- Ability to regularly lift up 60 pounds and maybe more on rare occasions
- Commitment to safety
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (Word and Excel) a plus
- Successfully completes the pre-employment drug screen, physical, and background check which will include previous employments checks and criminal history
We offer an excellent benefit package. If you are interested in this position, please apply on our website www.pdcarea.com or submit a resume to [email protected]. Subject Line: Peoria Field Sampling Technician
PDC Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.