As part of our environmental testing, PDC Laboratories offers a wide range of microbiological analyses from routine testing to boil orders. Our microbial analysis is usually performed using culture through biochemical and optical methods. When indicator organisms levels exceed preset triggers, specific analysis for pathogens may then be undertaken and these can be quickly detected (where suspected) using specific culture methods. Since the analysis is always based on a very small sample taken from a large volume of water, all methods rely on statistical principles.
PDC's Microbial analyses include:
- Sulfur and Iron Reducing Bacteria
- Bacteria species identification
- Yeast and Mold
- Microsystins/Nodularins by ELISA
- Total Coliform and E. coli (Colilert P/A, Colisure P/A, and Colilert Quantitray – SM 9223B)
- Heterotrophic Plate Count (Simplate- SM 9215E)
- Total Coliform (Membrane Filtration-SM 9222B)
- E. coli (EC MUG- SM 9222G.1c(2))
- Fecal Coliform (Quantitray – SM 9223B)
Courier and pick-up services are also available in select regions. Contact us for more information to find out if we service your area.