Water Testing Labs For Microbial Contaminants: Total Coliform, Fecal Coliform, & E. Coli Bacteria
PDC Laboratories is one of the leaders in E. coli, Fecal, and Total coliform testing.
These categories of bacteria are measures of the water quality:
- Water testing for Total coliform bacteria
Total Coliforms are bacteria that are naturally present in the environment and are used as an indicator that other, potentially-harmful, bacteria may be present.
- Water testing for E.Coli and fecal coliform bacteria
Fecal coliforms and E.Coli are bacteria whose presence indicates that the water may be contaminated with human or animal wastes. Microbes in these wastes can cause short-term effects, such as diarrhea, cramps, nausea, headaches, or other symptoms. They may pose a special health risk for infants, young children, and people with severely compromised immune systems.
Certified test methods for Total coliform, Fecal coliform and E.Coli bacteria
- Total Coliform and E. coli (Colilert P/A, Colisure P/A, and Colilert Quantitray – SM 9223B)
- Heterotrophic Plate Count (Simplate- SM 9215E)
- Total Coliform (Membrane Filtration-SM 9222B)
- E. coli (EC MUG- SM 9222G.1c(2))
- Fecal Coliform (Quantitray – SM 9223B)
As a service to our customers, all compliance sample results are electronically reported to the IEPA or IDPH.
For More Information
Please contact Heather Weekley at [email protected] or 1-800-752-6651 x1766.